There continues to be a lack of interesting articles on the two blogs that I am following. All Things Conservative has stopped posting altogether for the last week for some unknown reason. And the posts on America blog are rather uninteresting. Nevertheless, I will comment on one article on America blog
FDA says no need to inform consumers of Franken-food. In this article the liberals are very upset that the FDA is not going to require food from cloned animals to be labeled. He says this is because Bush has ruined the FDA and sided with industry. However this excerpt explains why it must be this way: I don't see why labeling the food would make any difference. And I do not see the connection between this issue and President Bush siding with industry. I wish America blog would focus more on facts and stop trying to use everything to attack the President. If they are going to attack the President they should at least try to put together a sensible argument and not just try to blame random things on him.
But it will be hard to tell which foods do contain ingredients originating from cloned animals. The Food and Drug Administration ruled that labels won't have to reveal whether the food comes from cloned cows, pigs or goats, or the clones' offspring, because those ingredients are no different than meat or milk from livestock bred the old-fashioned way.
"We found nothing in the food that could potentially be hazardous. The food in every respect is indistinguishable from food from any other animal," FDA food safety chief Dr. Stephen Sundlof said. "It is beyond our imagination to even find a theory that would cause the food to be unsafe."
I don't see why labeling the food would make any difference. And I do not see the connection between this issue and President Bush siding with industry. I wish America blog would focus more on facts and stop trying to use everything to attack the President. If they are going to attack the President they should at least try to put together a sensible argument and not just try to blame random things on him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel that cloning is such a new technology that we could not possibly know all the long term effects yet. Therefore, I would find it useful for the food to be labeled it if came from cloned animals. Even if they say there are no side effects, I want to be given the choice. If it really is not that big of a deal then why don't they just label it?
I agree with Caitlin. Cloning is so new that we don't have enough information on it yet. I was once asked if I agree with cloning. I said that I did not agree with full body cloning, but maybe cloning parts could be useful. Maybe it could save lives, but again it needs lots of research in order to be safe.
It's pretty ridiculous how they managed to attack the president, again. Although I don't agree with a lot of the things the Bush administration has done, I still find it repulsive that the mainstream media tries to attack him and blame him for literally everything.
I also agree with Caitlin and Amy in that I want my food labeled. Given a choice, I will always go with 'normal' food, even if it means paying a slightly higher price. Although my decision might change in a decade or two, right now, I am still going to stick with normal food.
Post a Comment