Monday, January 7, 2008

Hillary in Tears and Being Supported by Republicans

Both America Blog and All Things Conservative have an article about Hillary's recent tearing up in a Portsmouth coffee shop. This episode left both sides questioning her motives. Was her emotional outbreak really genuine, or just part of her plan to win support? Surprisingly, a recent post on America blog seems to believe that she was faking the tears. Also, they comment on how even if this was legitimate it could still have a negative impact on her campaign because it supports the stereotype of a weak emotional woman. Personally, either way this makes me like Hillary even less. Either she was just faking emotions to gain support, which is pretty low. Or she is really too emotional and not tough enough to be president. You sure don't see the other candidates crying and talking about how hard their life is.


On a related note, All things Conservative had an article supporting Hillary Clinton?!? At first glance this sure seemed odd to me. The author of the article wants Hillary to win the democratic nomination because they really do not think there are any republican candidates who can beat Obama. Unfortunately for republicans, things are looking better for Obama and worse for Clinton each day. I agree that Obama would be much harder to beat in the presidential election than Hillary. However, I'm not even sure if the republicans can even put up a candidate that can beat Hillary, and I would much rather have Obama in office than Hillary. So I'm not so sure I want Hillary to win the democratic nomination, its not worth the risk of ending up with her as our president for four years.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I totally agree with you about Hillary's tears. They do make her look weak, but she is a women..and most women are more emotional than men. If i supported her i would tell you to give her a break, but since i don't, well.... :)