Saturday, January 19, 2008

Well it looks like Hillary won the caucus in Nevada. America blog reports her as having over 50% of the vote. However, Obama wasn't far behind with 45% of the vote. Edwards fell very far behind with only 4% of the vote. It is clear that the democratic candidate is going to be Obama or Hillary, but the race seems so close. I am very interested to see who will pull ahead in the end. Personally I hope that Obama wins, I don't want there to be any chance of Hillary becoming the President. I might just leave the country if that happened.

On another note, Hillary spoke about her views on gay health benefits and other benefits. According to her plan one could give their benefits to anyone one they wanted to that they are "in a relationship with" At first the plan sounds kinda like a good idea. But in all honesty I do not believe it could ever work. It would be very complicated and very easily abused. Plus, I really do not believe in giving gay couples the same rights as married couples, because they are not married and they should never be allowed to get married. That really would destroy the whole idea of what marriage is supposed to be. The idea of marriage is already messed up enough in America, with divorce rates so high.

On a lighter note, America blog had a humorous post that I enjoyed. One reason I enjoyed it so much was the fact that they didn't mind making fun of both democrats and republicans. Here is the text of the post:

From AllTooFlat via Boing Boing:
I drink your milkshake, even though I opposed drinking your milkshake four years ago. -- Mitt Romney

I drink your milkshake, but only if the Bible says it's allowed. -- Mike Huckabee

I may drink your milkshake for another 100 years, if that's what it takes. -- John McCain

I drank a milkshake on 9/11. -- Rudy Giuliani

I drink your milkshake, but I'm paying for it with gold. -- Ron Paul

I will fight the corporations so that you can drink your own milkshake. -- John Edwards

I change your milkshake -- Barack Obama

I peacefully drink your milkshake. -- Dennis Kucinich

I have 35 years of milkshake-drinking experience. *sob* -- Hillary Clinton

Global warming is melting your milkshake -- Al Gore
My additions:
Yo bebo un milkshake pero a nadie le importa. -- Bill Richardson

I drank Harry Reid's milkshake. -- Chris Dodd
Other suggestions? Improvements on the ones above? Here are a few from our readers:
I think I might buy myself this milkshake -- Michael Bloomberg

A Mexican stole my milkshake. -- Tom Tancredo

Hitler's milkshakes could awe even those who despised him. -- Pat Buchanan

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I too disagree with Hillary on gay marriages and rights. God intended for marriage to be a sacred union between a man and a woman. It is discouraging to see our society lead astray from marriages that were once greatly valued; now couples often struggle with the idea of marriage because it is too binding and such an extreme commitment.

Lars said...

Like Bethany said, marriage should be a union between a man and woman. Also, that system that Hillary is proposing is just stupid, it would be abused sooo much. It is just too tempting to say that you are in strong relationship with someone when you really aren't just so you can get benefits.