Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Weakening GOP

In this blog I will be looking at a recent article from America Blog: The GOP's "deep rifts".
The author of this article looks at the turmoil throughout the Republican party. From his point of view it is a very good thing that the Republican party is weakening. The basis of his argument is that the Republican party became strong because of Regan, but now it is extremely divided. All of the current candidates relate back to Regan in one aspect, but they are all very different. There is no strong Republican candidate. It seems to me like all of the candidates are too extreme. The Republicans need a candidate that can pull support from the whole party and not just smaller factions.
Unfortunatly, I think that the next president will be a democrat. I just cannot see any of the republican candidates gaining enough support to beat Obama or Hillary come election time. So, maybe for the first time, I agree with what America blog has to say; however, I have very different feelings about the issue.

No comments: